Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

How Much Does Depression Hurt?


How much Does Depre$$ion Hurt?

Do you ever wonder why so many folks are on anti-depression medication? How much are Americans, the World $pending on anti-depressants? WHY?
For me after I left spiritual community the experience of the Divine faded a bit. Ken Wilber describes this phase of development in his Transformations of Consciousness (1986), “Once the soul obtains a direct taste or experience of the Divine, with concomitant vision, ecstasy, or clarity, and that experience begins to fade (which it initially does), the soul may suffer a profound abandonment depression. The soul HAS SEEN its meaning in life, its daemon or destiny, only to have it fade – that is the Dark Night.”
It has taken patience and compassionate marching to my inner drummer to overcome this darkness. I left spiritual community in 2000. Haven’t been dealing with depression lately just lots of brain chemistry phenomena. Most recently, the addition of some very helpful supplements have aided my growth.  Dr. Daniel Amen has worked diligently to offer sane advice in the pages of his book: Change your Brain, Change your Body (2010). Yes, I know hard to imagine that I would recommend any useful knowledge could be found written by any Doctor educated within the Western Medical Model. For the most part it is my knowing there is little difference between the corner drug dealer and those holding prescription pads. Over the years, I have relied on Chinese Herbs and those trained in Chinese Medicine = Classical Chinese Medicine (not Traditional Chinese Medicine TCM) which does not separate the body and the mind. [CCM integrates the spiritual domain and TCM does not].
Personally,  found Amen’s advice for my particular brain type to be very helpful. The supplement 5-htp has definitely smoothed out the flux into a more flowing going. Also thought it would aid to relieve the pain in my adrenals. Just this past week I added PS – phosphatidylserine. [Specifically Puritan's Pride - Neuro PS Gold with added Vinpocetine and other brain food.] Amen also suggested PS as an aid to relieving adrenal fatigue and supporting the growth of cell membranes, specifically neuronal networks. Thought that would be an added aid to relief in most of my more painful glands =reproductive and immune. (They only hurt when I breath.)  The added supplement certainly has aided the growth of my brain chemistry. I had been seeing in Technicolor off and on at different times over the last few months. Refer to them as Yellow Submarine days. Yous guys remember seeing the movie featuring The Beatles' Songs way back when? Filled with wild colors and hues of many more, psychedelic was the label then. Saw it as a kid! These days more and more I have been living that reality. More specifically after I have added the PS. Wow, been a bit fun and funny.  But the side effects of more skull pain of growth off-sets the Beauty – a bit. More oily hair days from oiling my scalp. Paradox in motion = feeling drugged out, seeing more colors than a 64 box of Crayons could ever imagine to hold and yet more glands hurt in more ways every day.   Analyze This response pattern Sir/Madam prescription pad holder!
Enlightenment = More color-filled living. Learning to live with all this brain chemistry activation makes for interesting times. Been running into door jambs more than I like to admit. Seems my feeling of wideness affects my depth perception. Never a dull moment. They are getting brighter every day! Two days ago, after a yoga class, hot tub time and swim I had GOLD hours, literally. Reminded me of the final scenes in Matrix III, when Keanu Reeves was seeing with the blindfold on – through his inner sight. NOW, those were some supreme sights. It faded after a few hours.
Here’s wishing Ya’ll Golden Moments, may the petals of your Mind Blossom and the Bluebird of Happiness fly up your nose instead of white powder. The real deal is much more long-lasting…Everlasting??? Course ya got to do the work to get the Fountain of Youth to flow....Ascension anyone? Pass the cup....to the Tipping Point!
Onward and Upward
          To INFINITY AND BEYOND….
Ashoka Aurora Ishaya
Psssst…fellow Ishayas yous guys experiencing this stuff? Write me a comment, please and thank you. Got folks reading, but not sharing….

http://www.ishayaintegralcoaching.com/

http://www.kundaliniinitiator.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment